Contact Us Today 815-577-9763


When a person becomes incapacitated, they are unable to manage their own financial and/or personal affairs. If you feel that a loved one can no longer manage their affairs, it might be time to seek a guardianship. If you are appointed as the guardian of a disabled adult, you have a legal right and duty to care for your ward. At Rathbun, Cservenyak & Kozol, our attorneys will guide you through the court system and advise you of your legal responsibilities.

In addition to disabled adults' estates, our attorneys also regularly represent family members and other parties in minor guardianship cases. When the parents of a minor child are unable or unwilling to care for that child, a guardian for the child may need to be appointed to take over the day-to-day decision making and control of the child. Our attorneys provide representation and guidance to clients through this difficult process with compassion and skill.

The attorneys at Rathbun, Cservenyak & Kozol provide experienced and capable representation during the guardianship process to ensure that your loved one's needs are met with the least family disruption.

We care about your case as much as you do.

RCK Plainfield's Response to COVID-19 Pandemic

In response to the stay at home order issued by Governer Prtizker due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Plainfield office is open by appointment only. We are limiting services to phone and video conference support at this time. We are still accepting new clients and our attorneys and staff will still be available via telephone, e-mail and video conference to all of our current clients. We are closely monitoring court closures in DuPage, Will, Kane, Kendall, and Cook counties and will be in touch should there be postponements or delays in your case. Please call us at (815) 577-9763 to schedule an appointment and don't hesitate to leave a detailed message and we will return your call as soon as possible. We are here for you!